Tuesday, April 13, 2004

One Long Mother Fuckin Blog

Kay. So as the title entails this will be one really really long post. Maybe not, but I have alot on my mind so I imagine it will be. First things First.

Recently I have started trying to watch what I eat (and drink for that matter). I had some beer while hanging out with Bobby and Mike last weekend, but I consider that a special ocassion. The two reasons I have been watching what I eat and drink is the vertigo thing, and I want to lose weight. There are a few reasons for wanting to lose weight one of which is to feel better about myself, one is for you, and the last is so that I can do better...

Speaking of Doing better ... For anyone who doesn't know my floors rules are Don't Suck, Don't Be Gay, and Do Better.

I want to be able to do everything better. I am sick of being a fat slow guy that can't do anything right. Anyway I got off on a tangent. The vertigo thing...

That has been getting worse and better lately. There is no telling if I am going to wake up feeling better or worse the next day. I have logged my sleeping hours, my eating habits, how much alcohol I have drank. Everything I could think to log. Something that I didn't think about til my Dad found it on the internet this weekend is that Aspartame (you know the Artificial Sugar in every diet soda, diet food, and many more things) has been unofficially linked to vertigo and associated symptoms that I am experiencing.

What other symptoms you may ask? I will list some of those for people who don't know: Vertigo, Memory Problems, Troubles reading (takes alot of effort and longer than before), Massive Headaches, More Depressed Feelings, Insomnia, Lack of Appitite, Feeling Sick after Forcing Myself to Eat, Irritibility (Probably due to having this shit), and some other minor things. That is basically the complete list. Some of these things are more recent than others. And I wonder if some are associted with the being Vertigoie for so long.

At any rate. Those are the symptoms, and they have been found to be associated with the consumption of Aspartame. Seeing as I only drank diet sodas before... I don't know, Maybe I am grasping at straws now, But I need to try to do something since nothing is working. So No more Asperatame for me for a month to see what happens.

My weekend I guess is the next thing on the brain. It was okay I suppose, it was really really busy until Sunday. Then it slowed down for the afternoon, then kicked back up.

Friday I got in at 5 in the evening, I went home, and called Bobby shortly there after to see if he wanted to come eat dinner with us since we were barbequeing outside in the pre rain coolness. He said that he had dinner already, but told me to call him in a bit when I was done. I did, and I went over there to hang out. We were there for a bit when Mike came over.

Mike chilled for a bit, and then he remembered to Officially tell me that he and Rene were engaged. Then he asked me to be a groomsman. I accepted, and it will be sometime next year. Then he went to pick up Rene and left Bobby and I to decide what to do. Eventually we just ended up all going to Buffalo Wild Wings where we hung out for a few hours.

While there Terri Ward Walked in. Not many people I know now know of Terri. She was this Lesbian in Highschool that had a thing for me. She asked me out no less than 5 times, she tried to kiss me 3 times, she tried to hold my hand a few times, and she offered to have sex with me 2 times. One of the times she tried to kiss me, she pinned me to the lockers. She was scary. Now that you know who she is you can see why I was so terrified that she walked in. She sat one table behind us and to the left one, with her back to mine. She didn't see me. The whole time we were all there she was there, and I had to piss so bad, but I was afraid to get up cause then I would have to talk to her and her Girl Friend, and that wouldn't be comforable. So I was sitting there for a while then they leave, but not before Mike and Bobby start plotting to have a drink sent over supposedly from me to her, they didn't though.

Next we went to Mike's house where we sat around and chilled. We talked for a bit and we just hung out. It was nice. I drank some.

Saturday Morning, Bobert called me. We hung out for a while, and when he went to drop me off at my house, he goes "dude, what happened to your left rear view mirror?" I thought he was joking, but sure as shit, the drivers side mirror was hanging off the car. Apparently my sister had taken the car out while I was gone, and eventually I found out what happened. That story to come later.

While fixing that problem, I got a call from Amanda. Amanda is a good friend that I waited tables with at Lonestar. She is totally cool, Anyway, she was having a Barbeque and was wondering if I wanted to go to Elsberry and hang out with her Family and Friends. I said sure.

I went up and when I got there met all of her family and all, and quickly realized that this was one hell of a family. They were so like my cousins and uncles and all it wasn't funny. Same sorta humor, same sorta joking and harrasing each other. It felt good to be somewhere so fun loving and carefree. So we chilled there for a bit, and then her Dad asked me if I would go get some beer for them. I did, and when I got back tried many times to decline the offer of a beer, but eventually succombed. We ate, and then just hung out for a long while.

I left thier house probably around midnight I guess, Then I went home and I laid in bed for a long while before falling asleep, then morning came too soon.

I went to Church Sunday morning. That was fun, and the preacher said some stuff that made me feel better though I don't remember now what it was. Should have written it down I suppose. But it was nice to go to church. Then I sat around inside the afternoon talking to my parents. That evening I went to Ted Drews. I got some custard to bring back for Jessica, and some for Jon, my little bro, who had hit a mailbox on his bike and was at home nursing his wounds.

I sat up talking to my rents til around 12 then went to my room and instantly passed out. It was nice to sleep instantly instead of waiting for it to slowly take me. But alas, Again morning came too soon. The alarm clock went off and I was up again at 3. I showered, got my final stuff ready, and was off again.

The drive was okay until Columbus. Then it started to Rain. Being in the midwest the past years has lead me to believe that rain can last no longer than 1 hour. I drove through heavy heavy rainstorms for over eight hours. Some of that I wasn't driving, but stopped because some moron wrecked on the Ohio West Virgina Border, but other than that I was white knuckling it through the boot hills and mountains at around 70 miles per hour. And I learned really quickly that every turn you take you slide, no matter the speed. You just have to be ready for it otherwise you will try to correct instead of going with it. The sad part of the drive is I was in the middle of the speed range. Half the people passed me at amazing speed, and the other half were going slower than ass. True I would have prefered to be doing one or the other, but I figured that around 70 was the best comprimise of speed and risk.

Hydroplaning is fun.

So I dropped off the Custard to Jessica, then finished my drive home. Once home, I ditched all my shit out of the car, and passed out. I woke this morning at 4, said fuck it, and went back to sleep since I was sleeping. Then I woke up at 7:30 and got ready and went to work.

On Sunday, I talked to Amanda on the way to Ted Drews, and found out that she had swerved to the right side of her lane to avoid a car that was in her lane, then pulled left as soon as they were passed so that she would miss a parked car. When she pulled left, she went too far and caught the mirror on a mail box. The funny part of the story is the guy who owned the mail box said that he had replaced it like 8 times already, that he had just replaced it not too long ago, and lastly that he was a defenisve driving instructor. That just cracks my shit up. Fortunatly there was no damage to the mailbox. Just the car.

Yeah. I guess that is all I really have for right now. My head is starting to hurt from reading and typing right now, Maybe more will come later. I don't know most of what I have left is just thoughts and ruminations and shit that most people wouldn't really be interested in anyway...

So, I'm Out.